Goddard Sport Fishing Club
The 2013 fishing season is here!
Listed below are the dates for our youth fishing tournaments, target dates for fishing charters, and
Pond events. This web site is under construction, we will be adding pages
and event information as time permits.
For your convenience, you can now download membership renewal forms, and
registration forms for the youth fishing derbies via the links at the bottom
of this page. If you are interested in fishing at the Goddard pond, or
participating in these events sponsored for youth*,
please complete the forms and return them with the appropriate funds to any club representative.
Membership remains at $3 per calendar year. Funds collected are used to stock and maintain the Goddard Pond. Your dues enable us to maintain a healthy stock of largemouth bass, channel catfish, crappies, perch and baitfish and to provide a productive fishing environment for GSFC employees.
On May 15th, 2003, we conducted the
2003 Pond Stocking. 200 12"-18" Channel Cats and 400 Golden Shiners were introduced into the pond. Most of the heavy lifting was done by Gary Moffat. Thanks Gary!
- On June 26, 2004 we held the Melwood/Handicapped Fishing Derby and a good time was had by all who participated.
- View a collage of the 2004 Melwood/Handicapped Fishing Derby.
- Download the collage from the 2004 Melwood/Handicapped Fishing Derby in MS PowerPoint format(8.5MB)
Okay, here is the 2013 activities calendar as we know it today.
- Pond Cleanup Day - [To Be Announced]
- Volunteer on your lunch hour to help keep the Goddard Pond clean and safe. Soft drinks will be provided.
- 14th Annual Kids Fishing Derby (Ages 6-16)*
- The Goddard Sport Fishing Club is sponsoring our 14th annual Kids Fishing
Derby on Saturday, [TBA], 2013.
There is a link to the registration form at the bottom of this page.
The derby is open to youth between the ages of 6-16. For the newcomers to the
event, here's the activity list.
Prizes will be awarded for largest fish caught.
- 9AM-9:30AM - Arrive at Pond for registration, get bait, and set-up at your
pond fishing spot.
- 10AM - 12N - Fishing Tournament
- 12N-1PM - Barbeque (Burgers and Hotdogs) and award fishing prizes
- 1-1:30PM Clean-up
Bait will be provided.
Participants need to bring there own fishing gear.
All fish must be returned - (catch and release)
Limited beverages and snacks will be provided to youth.
GSFC security rules apply - All non-badged participants must be escorted by
badged personnel - Participants and family members must check-in at the
- View a collage of the 2003 Youth Fishing Derby.
- Download the collage from the 2003 Youth Fishing Derby in MS PowerPoint format(11MB)
- Chesapeake Bay Charters - [Dates To Be Announced]
- These are 6-person, half-day trips. We have 2 captains that
we will be fishing with this year. Captain Bo Hamm sails from Kent Island, and Captain Roy from Chesapeake Beach. We will be advertising trips every 2 weeks beginning when the chum bite begins. Check this website for dates and availability.
In the past, cost of the trip has been $60 per person ( considering current fuel prices, expect an increase ) plus a $10 mate tip, and reservations are on a first come first served basis.
- POC - Bobby Patschke - 286-6092
Goddard Day Celebration - [To Be Announced]
Call for details
Also, please update us with your contact information, specifically any
change to your email address. We keep folks on our email distribution lists for 3
years, then remove them because we think that your fishing interest has
faded if you haven't renewed membership or participated in any of our
events. So, please be aware that is how we maintain our records and
information distribution. Folks that inquire via email without
participation are only maintained for 1 year.
Download the 2013 Fishing Club Membership Form in MS Word format(424K).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
any of our club staff for information, and sign-up...
Download the 2013 Kids Derby Registration Form in MS Word format(434K).
* Due to high demand and limited resources,
Youth activity participation is initially offered to folks who participated in previous years, then
opened via center advertisement after April 21st.
Download the 2013 Kids Derby Information Flyer in MS Word format(29K).
Download a diagram of a Typical Rig for Fishing in the Goddard Pond in MS PowerPoint format (116K).