The Goddard Employees Welfare Association (GEWA) supports the operation and use of several on-site facilities for its members.
Katryce Jackson - Rec Center Manager 6-8440
Harvey Walden - Chair
Barney & Bea Recreation Center
The Barney and Bea Recreation Center is the perfect place to hold you next event! From all-hands
meetings to retirement parties and workshops to peer award picnics, the Rec Center is ready to
meet your needs.
- Events at the Rec Center held Monday-Friday between 8:00-5:30 are at NO COST to the user; after-hours and weekend events require a nominal fee.
- The Main Hall can comfortably seat 100 and holds up to 300 for a standing event; our smaller Meeting room can seat 20-25.
- Main Hall users have access to 2 large screen displays for slide shows and videos as well as audio equipment including microphones
- The Meeting Room has white boards and its own large screen for powerpoints and videos as well as flexible room set-up for workshops and small groups events
- All customers have access to Rec Center amenities including teleconferencing and use of the walk-in refrigerator and microwaves
Interested in using the Rec Center? If you have questions, please call Katryce Jackson, Rec Center Manager at 6-8440. Ready to reserve a date? Make your reservation at:
Below is a brief summary of how the Rec Center will be operating (in Powerpoint and PDF).
Rec Center Operations Guidelines (PowerPoint)
Rec Center Operations Guidelines (PDF)
The GEWA Pavilion is located just behind the Child Development Center and across from Buildings 18
and 19. The Pavilion has picnic tables that can comfortably seat at least 50 people and in early
2016 the Pavilion will be updated with both new tables and new charcoal grills. The Pavilion has
open fields next to it as well as ample parking, making it a great spot for an organizational
event or bar-b-que!
Just like the Rec Center, the Pavilion is free of charge. Interested in reserving the Pavilion?
Just go to
http://gewarcreservation.gsfc.nasa.gov to lock in your date.
As a service to the Center, GEWA operates a US Postal Service Substation. Whether you need to mail
a package, send a registered letter or just buy some stamps, the GEWA Post Office in Building 1 can
help you out!
- The Post Office is open Tuesday thru Thursday from 7:30 to 2:00 pm with a break for the staff from 10:00-10:15.
- The Post Office accepts cash or checks ONLY – no credit or debit cards.
- The Post Office keeps limited change on hand and therefore cannot accept $20 bills for purchases of $10 or less.